Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can I Get a Rawr?

Now, that's what I'm talking about! (Fantastic picture, no?) It's time for some seriously stripey action around here: I'm in the tiger-making business. My friend Miss Emma the Animal Lover, has commissioned a particularly interesting creation: Emma wants a crocheted tiger backpack. You know, like the cute teddy bear backpacks little kids have? Yeah, Emma wants a tiger.

At first, I was a little wary of taking on this project when the third-quarter-mass-assignment-of-papers-and-essays is about to begin. But sweet Emma was so enthusiastic about it that there was no way I could refuse.



She even drew up various patterns and possible construction ideas for the thing. Quite helpful, if you ask me.

So, here I sit, crocheting a tiger's foot while the world outside is being coated in yet another quote-on-quote snowstorm of the century.

Yeah.

Tell me it's the snowstorm of the century when I wake up for school tomorrow.


In all honesty, school should have been canceled today. The school bus that runs our route got stuck in the ditch of one of our poorly-groomed country roads. But then again, who am I to speculate? I just drive to school everyday.

In other, more lighthearted news: there were adorable mini snowmen on the roofs of several cars in the parking lot after school today, mine included. Someone must have been feeling extra festive, or something. Regardless the motive, that gesture of frosty kindness was a nice reminder that my friends are awesome.

Hehe.

Try to survive this horrrid winter storm, will you?

Yours,
Carolyn Michelle

No comments: