Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More stitchery and a Pec Thing recap

Music to suit this post: "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence + The Machine



My hooks sure have been flying since I've been here at The Ni-U: Monday night I made this festive hat for Jen's (our R.A. for the StubStub end of the floor) birthday which was Sunday. She was out at a staff meeting when it was finished, so I hung it on her door with a note and went off to bed.

Later that night, I honestly don't know what time, Jen knocked on my door. Awoke and opened the door all bleary-eyed. I was met with a huge hug and a thank you. I went back to bed smiling.

I must say, it was one of the better wake-ups I've had in a while.

In other news, this past weekend was the Fall Pec Thing and Propaganda Candy was there. Of course! The weather was chilly, rainy, and cloudy at best. We sustained a thunderstorm early Saturday morning (before the gates opened, luckily). Despite these setbacks, we came out ahead! Hoorah for making money, not losing it!

I would like to make a quick shout out to three very special ladies...Becca, Sarah, and Trisha:


These girls took a leap of faith, journeyed with Samantha and me to Durand, and helped out with the Pec Thing. It was AWESOME to have them with us. Their company and assistance will not soon be forgotten. Thank you girls!!!!

In other, other news, last night I crocheted what I think is one of my crowning achievements in plushie cuteness. I'll have to wait for a few days to post it since it is my dear sister Tara's 16th Birthday present.

OHMYGOODNESS MY SISTER IS SIXTEEN!!!!!

That's all I have to say.

Have a blessed week,
Carolyn Michelle

PS: NINE DAYS (!!) until I get to see Caleb!!!!

For more on the Fall Pec Thing, read the Propaganda Candy blog and check out the Facebook album.

Photos: (from top to bottom) Jen Marie and her spiffy hat. Becca at the Propaganda Candy booth. Sarah with her spiffy mustache. Trisha helping cook homemade pizza at my house Saturday night.