Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Monkey in the Midst of Madness

Amid all the insanity going on this week, somehow there was time to enjoy the Sock Monkey Festival at Midway Village. What a way to spend Sunday afternoon: walking with my Grandparents, Tara, and cousin Abbey through rooms full of vintage sock monkeys. Of course what would a sock monkey festival be without sewing my very own sock monkey?

{There would be a picture here, if it weren’t show week for Singsation}

Also, the results are in, Caleb is officially a member of the United States Navy.

!!!

I’ve never been so proud in my life.

The best part of it all is, for Caleb’s job, he will only be gone from me for nine months of schooling because he's a reservist. Then he comes back and will probably be going to school somewhere in close proximity to me because, after he finishes training and schooling, he only has to report to a base once a month for a weekend.

In the midst of this madness, the world is slowly starting to fall into place.

No comments: