Monday, March 29, 2010

Sorry, I gotta go do that Thing...

At last, the weather here is warming up. You know what that means: the hunt is on. Garage sales, flea markets, and auction barns dance in my head. The prospect of finding that piece of "vintage awesome" is enough to drive me mad. I hear the calls from the beaten-down grass lawns, trodden over by all the hopefuls who came before me. They say, "Oh Carolyn, come and play!"

Well. Here I come.

For the first time ever, I will join the ranks of vintage and craft enthusiasts who line the booths at the Annual Pecatonica "Pec Thing" Flea Market and Craft Show. Together with my trusty partner Sammi-the-bee-Queen, we will craft our way into history with our new joint effort entitled: Propaganda Candy.

Featured items include: pin-on buttons, shrinky dink art, recycled jewelry, and plushies.

I'm so excited!!

Picture Above: Building II at the 2007 Pec Thing (Note: Funny enough, this is actually a picture from the official Pec Thing website of my Grandma Beth's booth)

In other news: spring break 2010 is here and the renovations to the Hay Mow/Art Barn are underway!

More on that later.

Have a wonderful day,
Carolyn

Image from: winnebagocountyfair.com

No comments: