Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ready or Not, Here it Comes...

New Years.
I'm ready, but not so willing to leave 2008 behind. At least, not with a nice looong look at the year that has passed:

January: Spent New Years Eve with my Costa Rican exchange student and fourteen other host families.
February: Valentine's Day.
March: Spend Spring Break on a road trip to Indiana with my cousins, aunt, uncle, Bubba, Dad, and Tara
April: Art Class Trip to the Art Institute of Chicago.
May: Finally get my Driver's License. Done with school!
June: My spanish club leaves for Costa Rica, I see them off tearfully. June 6th, Luck, Love, and Hedgehogs goes live on Etsy. June 7th, Luck, Love, and Hedgehogs goes live on Blogger.com
July: The annual Aldersgate UM Church Corn Boil
August: Back to School
September: Audition for the High School Play, rehersals begin
October: Performance of Oklahoma! on Halloween weekend. My second-to-last High School Play EVER. *sadsadsad*
November: November 14th, Luck, Love, and Hedgehogs sells it's first item!! I turn 17
December: Second and third sales at Luck, Love, and Hedgehogs. Christmas, joy, love, and New Years Eve-Eve (today)

It's crazy how it feels like just last night I was in a house crowded with Costa Rican exchange students, counting down to the new year, dancing to salsa music and snowmobiling across an opened field. Time really does fly. Oh, how it flies.

I have a few tradtitional New Years Resolutions I want to make before I wrap up this post.

1. Take Luck, Love and Hedgehogs to it's first events. Really get the name out there more. In conjunction with that, host more Fiber Freaks Gatherings. Being with Crafty people really makes me more creative and feeds my soul.

2. Be more opened with my faith and more passionate in my relationship with God.

3. Bring more positive people into my life. I have a ton of them but you can never have enough.

And finally:
4. Tell more people that I love them.


That's all I got, people. Have a super-wonderful new year. I'll be talking to you soon with the update about Fiber Freaks.

Love,
Carolyn Michelle

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I like June 6 and 7 best... ;]

Two Happy Stampers said...

Ditto on more passionate about my faith and relationship with God. You may want to check out: www.wayofthemaster.com
They've got awesome tracts and tools! They also have videos on youtube. Check them out! They have encouraged me greatly in witnessing.

Jenny S said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic year, hope this one is just as great for you! xo